Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tools Calculators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again,

Eric:
Oh that's great. But any reason why the current is now limited to 0.75 amps? Before it was 1.5 amps.

tmtech:
It's nice to know you tested these that much. I ran one hot a few years ago but never measured the case temperature. It always worked well though. I used it for simply regulating and adjusting the fan speed of a small DC fan.
Interesting article too, and they even mention Bob Pease and the LM337.

Pssd...not tcmtech. tvtech :p

Regards,
tvtech

Pssd...not tcmtech. tvtech :p

Regards,
tvtech

Hi again,

Yeah hit the 'm' instead of the 'v', so i typed tmtech (but not tcmtech)...apologies :)
And it is fixed now...

It's about time you posted these in the tools section, I suggested that you do that eons ago. :p

It's about time you posted these in the tools section, I suggested that you do that eons ago. :p

hi Mike,

I had to learn javascript, html and php coding first also ask EM to allow me access to the site software before I was able to do that.:rolleyes:

If you have any suggestions for more tools/calc's please let me know.

Eric

OT:
Long time no see, hope you are well.
I was sorry to hear of your recent sad loss.

The two circuits for 555 timers show VR1 that feeds the discharge pin, can be adjusted down to 10ohms. With a 12V supply that would almost certainly pop the internal pull-down transistor for that pin.

The two circuits for 555 timers show VR1 that feeds the discharge pin, can be adjusted down to 10ohms. With a 12V supply that would almost certainly pop the internal pull-down transistor for that pin.

hi,
I would expect the user to have read thru the datasheet, however taking your point I have made the minimum setting as 100R.

Thanks for the input

E.

If you have any suggestions for more tools/calc's please let me know.

You don't seem to have a resistive voltage divider calc?
Ie; you input Vin and desired Vout and it tells what two value resistors are needed. It's a simple task for many, but is the kind of thing that newbies stumble with.

Also there are TWO versions there of LM317 calculators!

And using an LM317 as a current regulator is very common, even though it's just one resistor that sets the current limit maybe thats worth doing as a calc.

Ummm, is the chip in your 3915 tool supposed to be a 3914? That's what it shows.

Ummm, is the chip in your 3915 tool supposed to be a 3914? That's what it shows.

hi,
Well spotted Capt.. its now fixed.

Many thanks... you must have a high power telescope to see that error from Uranus...:rolleyes:

Eric

Hello again,

Eric:
The LM317 calculator only goes up to 0.75 amps output now, what happened to the 1.5 amps output?

Hi Eric

I really like what you have done with the LM317 calculator. From practical use and reading temps etc. over Three years, I reckon you are bang on target :).

Great tool.

Best regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
(3915 tool) Not being picky, but there's still two more. Noobs might get confused. Watts box, top half & PS volts, second half. BTW, I occasionally come back to Earth, right about when my beer is gone! And thanks for the cool tools!<ckd>

hi,
I would appreciate any positive feedback and suggestions for this new tool.

Its purpose is to give students an insight into what the effect of changing component/parameter values will have on a 'general purpose' voltage regulator circuit.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/tools/PSUCapV1.php

E

Hi Eric

I like :D:D:D

Played around with it for a while trying different drop out Voltages, Currents etc and all looks good.

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back