Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED calculators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver300

Most Helpful Member
After answering yet another question on LEDs, (This one), I had a look at what is online.

The totally rubbish calculator that came up in all the online searches a few years ago, **broken link removed** has now vanished, but the algorithm behind it is back, with it's own domain, cookies, advertisements, a really long disclaimer and pretty pictures that are of little use.

Having seen that, I've updated mine to be a bit nicer to look at, and it's here. The one on this site is technically very good but it doesn't seem to me to be easy to use.

I suppose this is just a rant about how pretty pictures draw more clicks than stuff that works.

Wow 1Ω current limiting resistors. Why does that page even bother with any resistor.
I see what you are saying, pretty pictures do seem to win over functionality.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back