Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddySFX

Hi, I am trying to make a toaster pop up on demand when I turn off the power to it.
I know this works anyway. But, my question is how would I go about disconnecting the heating element but still maintaining the same use of the toaster. Just so that no heat is produced and I can switch off the toaster and have it pop up on demand!

how would I go about disconnecting the heating element
The element may well have push-on connectors or just wire ends held by bolts. Depends on the toaster make and model.
Welcome to ETO!

Hi, I am trying to make a toaster pop up on demand when I turn off the power to it.
I know this works anyway. But, my question is how would I go about disconnecting the heating element but still maintaining the same use of the toaster. Just so that no heat is produced and I can switch off the toaster and have it pop up on demand!

Is it an old original "self-popping toaster mechanism that is thermo-mechanical ( heat causes a little clip to twist until the lift mechanism is unlatched - add more twist to make darker toast) or is it a more modern toaster with an electronic timer - or something in between? So many options and that makes so many possible answers.

Anybody want toast?

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back