Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reflow Toaster Oven PId Control, Pic or Arduino??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfranzk

Hey Everyone,

I am contemplating converting and old toaster oven into something I can reflow solder smd components more effectively. There are numerous builds on the web and many strategies. I have some old Pic 16f84s laying around that I bought spares when I did another project years ago. The Arduino seems popular and there are some custom shields made just for this purpose. **broken link removed** I would like to use the pic but there is very little info for this purpose and I am not familiar enough to write my own code at this time. I have messed a bit with the pic and the AVR but not the Arduino.

I would like the controller to have some data logging capabilities as well and unsure if the Pic has the power for this project.

Here is one build that I like alot but would like to build the controller and power supply into a separate box so that the only invasive stuff to the oven is a thermocouple.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks. Rfranzk.

If you are willing to spend the money on the arduino and the shield you have other options.

Here is the first hit "reflow oven kit"

http://www.zallus.com/msp430-reflow-oven-kit/

it has a touch screen

1Front_Delux_Final.jpg

Thanks 3v0!!! That is really nice and priced right too. I will do a little further research on it but that looks SWEET!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back