Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

To much torque robotic arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

moh

Hi,

**broken link removed**

I was trying to calculate the torque for my robotic arm from this website calculator

Here is the spec

motor Hitec ,Torque 10 kg/cm

L1 (Length from shoulder to elbow) 7 inches weight W1 steel frame about 5 g
L2 (Length from elbow to wrist) 5 inches weight W2 steel frame about 4 g
L3 (Length from elbow to gripper) 3 inches weight W3 steel frame about 2 g

W4 object to lift 1kg

M1 (Shoulder 1 motor ) 25g
M2 (Elbow 2 motors) 50g
M3 (gripper 2 motors) 50g

I want to lift 1kg object

I left the Joint Rotational Acceleration blank 0

It is showing about 40kg/cm torque ,Is it correct?

If it is true ,is there any way around it?.

I am using arduino board

You must insure that your units are consistent.
It looks like your motor is capable of producing about 1 N-m of static torque ....
So, you need to get the calculator motor torque results to be less than what the motor will generate.

By the way .... kg/cm is not correct, but kg-cm would be correct for a unit of torque.

Thanks for the correction.So I have to lighten the load.Is there any way (pulley,gears), I can increase the torque.

I could not find any servo motor with 40kg-cm torque.Even if I do find, I have a feeling it will be very expensive.

... Can't make any specific recommendations.
A gear head ....
**broken link removed**
would provide an increase in available torque, at the expense of slowing down the acceleration/movement.
Also, consider the added mass/weight of the gearhead in the calculator.
I think you are on/track about the expense involved. Surplus is usually a good place to start looking for motors/gearheads.

The image here gives a generalized picture of the torque/power vs. rpm of a servomotor. A gear ratio of something greater than 1:1 would slide the green line up on the vertical axis, and inwards on the horizontal axis.

Attachments

• Mechanical Power jpeg.PNG
    Mechanical Power jpeg.PNG
    78.1 KB · Views: 469
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back