Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

To design a 24Vdc to 42Vdc motor ciruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

wongkongwai

Hi Friends,

I would like to design a motor circuit for my project. Hope that you guys can help. This motor circuit runs from 24vdc to 42vdc, running ampere is about2.6A. There will always be supply to the motor which it will keep on turning until there is a overload (ampere increases) and its stop (holding ampere will be less than 1 ampere) with supply still on. Thank you.

Not enough information. What kind of a motor? Details? We're not mind readers.

Thanks for your reply. I am so sorry, its the first time i join this forum. This is a tubular motor use for smoke or fire curtains. Need to design this for fail safe system, which means the curtain motor will always have supply (rolled up), when no supply, it will descend due to gravity.

How will the circuit be reset after the overload? Will the power simply be turned off?

Hi,

There will still be power supply to the motor, to reset the power needs to turn off. Example on normal condition, the curtain is being rolled up and stop at the ceiling when the bottom bar(which is connected to the curtain) is "stuck" at the ceiling, causing an overload to stop the motor from turning further. There will still be supply there but when there is a fire alarm, the power supply is cut off and the curtain descend due to gravity of the bottom bars weight.

You could use a foldback current limit circuit such as EDN PDF. The will allow the normal 2.5A to pass, but when the overload you can design it to drop back to the desired 1A. The problem is that the limiting transistor may have to dissipate 30W or more continuously in this mode, so will need a good heat sink.

To minimize power, you could have a circuit that goes into a PWM mode to limit, but that would require a significantly more complex circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back