Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tire pressure measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Padmaraj

am sensing the tire pressure using the motorola mpxy8020a6u IC.. it is a direct method to measure the pressure.. i need assistance in transmitting the measured pressure through RF to the dash board..
contact me in sunny_tvpm@yahoo.com

There are 433 mHz transmitter and receiver printed circuit boards available, but how are you going to power the transmitter? Changing batteries on 4 wheels every week will be a pain. I suppose you could have a more powerful transmitter sending power to the wheel transmitter, but that might run into FCC regulations.

Russlk said:
There are 433 mHz transmitter and receiver printed circuit boards available, but how are you going to power the transmitter? Changing batteries on 4 wheels every week will be a pain. I suppose you could have a more powerful transmitter sending power to the wheel transmitter, but that might run into FCC regulations.

i wouldn't try it personally, but i guess if he really wanted a way to power a wireless transmitter without changing the batteries.. he could do something like found in this thread: https://electro-tech-online.com/viewtopic.php?t=5998 ...create a smaller, MUCH more durable, version of that for a power source (as... the capacitor will constantly be recharged, when car is being driven, so that won't matter much at all.)

DO you need to know the pressure every minute ?

If not, you can use a RF chipset like the Chipcon's or Nordic's.

www.chipcon.com
www.nvlsi.com

Use your uC to TX every groups of minuts, using the lowest power. Its enough from the tyre to the dashboard.

Im using this chipset for wireless sensor boards, and they work great. You can get a couple of AA to last for 2years, if you have a good design.

asena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back