Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tiny Short Range Tracking Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbob Red necks response

Radiation goes right through your body in exactly the same way as X-rays.

Well yes and no depends on what radiation Alpha will not. Gamma radiation is X-rays!

Check Out

Sorry none of these guys would even try to help. I was able to find the keychain (whistle) finder for 10 bucks

**broken link removed**

there are a small amount of laptop security devices but you would have to keep the shrieker with you and a small toggle with the keys but these are getting hard to find

**broken link removed**

A RFID tag could work but needs to be within a few feet of the device on top of that you would need to hold a scanner on person and very costly as of yet.

other key finder tools that might help:
**broken link removed**
key Ringer
**broken link removed**

You can try an FM transmiter circuit like this one.
I think a radio hears a burst of silence each time the slow oscillator turns on the transmitter. When the radio becomes closer to the transmitter (with nothing in between) then there will be more silencing.[/QUOTE]

The range is very short.

Last edited:
I think a radio hears a burst of silence each time the slow oscillator turns on the transmitter. When the radio becomes closer to the transmitter (with nothing in between) then there will be more silencing.

The range is very short. [/QUOTE]

You don't have a clue.
It has a range of 26kM from the top of a mountain to a house.

You don't have a clue.
Rather harsh way of saying that you disagree?

It has a range of 26kM from the top of a mountain to a house.

That little 5 milliwatt transmitter could be detected from a mountain, by a skilled, dedicated operator with state of the art equipment under idealconditions, but this topic was started by an inexperienced person who obviously does not have state of the art equipment and is asking about casual use in a household environment.

I reiterate: You don't have a clue either.
The transmitter was detected by a constructor who put the bug on the top of the mountain and went back to his house and picked it up on this car radio.
I have produced over 35 different types of FM bugs and sold over 100,000 kits. These tiny devices are capable of transmitting enormous distances. Don't spiel out things you know nothing about.

I see that your viewpoint is different than mine.

To one who is selling the devices, advertising copy would quote 'range' under ideal conditions. Since I would be using it, 'range' would include dependable.

Last edited:
I have never stated any more than 200 - 400 metres for any of my 3v bugs. The only reason why the range has been drastically decreased in recent times to 100 metres is due to the fact that the FM band is completely filled with stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back