Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tiny Short Range Tracking Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I was wondering if there is any tiny device like a sticker or something very small that can be picked up on a tracking device at like a range of 4 feet max. Also it doesn't need to be anything advanced the tracker can just use a simple beep to notify my (with varying speed) or something comparable, it doens't need to have gps or a picture or anything. I wanted to put these in my car keys incase they get lost and i didn't want it to be really visible.

Last edited:
My daughter asked me if I could fix the keys finder she bought. It continuously beeped whenever she talked or when the TV was playing. I screamed and whistled loudly but it did nothing.
Inside was a black blob (a custom IC), a piezo transducer and an LED. There was nothing I could do to fix it.

Mine works. It's just $2.00. Get another one. Yours may be faulty. They are fantastic. They contain $10.00 worth of electronics.

Hi thanks for the responses, the remote key finder is close to what I am looking for except i want the sensor not to be visible on my keys. Is there a smaller sensor like a sticker i can put on the keys that can then be picked up on any type of device that can beep or something when it gets near it? It doesn't need to be advanced at all a simple 4 foot range will do. Im sure there must be something like this out there it doesn't seem to far out.

I have a receiver so small, you cannot see it. It costs $1,000.

Now, are you satisfiled with a RF remote key-finder for $15.00?

Attach a spec of radioactive material to the keys. Find it with a geiger counter.

**broken link removed**

I've seen some gieger coutners online that are handheld and cost around 60 dollars are these a waste of my time? And what is the eels feet sandwich trick lol.

Last edited:
But if they are naturally occuring radiation sources they aren't harmful unless consumed or inhaled right so it shouldn't be a problem if i put them in my keys and near my skin.

Naturally occurring radiation sources are still radiation sources. Your body doesn't know where the radiation came from.

Damn that's a cool looking geiger counter. Why does it have a "mixer" and quarter-inch audio jacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back