Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tiny earh/ Human

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronman

Hi guys,

I can recall there was an animation in the net about tiny earth compared to the galaxy by zooming out from a house to the galaxy if you know what I mean.

I would like to see that animation again but I have forget the link Address.

Can somebody help plz if he knows or have seen it??

I know the one you mean now. Part of it was used in a nano technology lecture to convey just how small nano scale was. If you find it be sure to come back with a link.

Mike.

Yes, Powers of Ten is the video that demonstrates both extremes on the numberline, left and right of zero. It's often the standard video that's often shown in Physics classes.

I have found a clip:
**broken link removed**

But it does not seem impressive! Can somebody suggest a better view or another clip please?

My XP doesn't have .swf apparently.

Don't we have Carl Sagan to thank for this?
Watch the movie Contact.
The intro is... perfect. Most of the rest of the movie is as damn well near perfect as I can imagine it as well. It's a great story, good science and should make even the most hardass person think for a moment =) Very different from the book, but they're both in the same spirit.

Last edited:
Which one has the sizes of stars in relation to each other?

One of them has back ground music that absolutely rocks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back