Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tiny CAD automated drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I just started using this CAD program I found, it was a free download. I am starting to understand it and its much nicer printing out or even looking at than the way I've been doing it with MS paint. I drew a 4 input gate controlled by 4 NC limit switches to a relay coil just to see how it turned out, I was wondering if anyone else uses this and if you had any tips you could share. One thing I cant find in the library is a 555 timer, why is that ? Thanks, Jim
Also it wont let me save it as a JPEG or other format to show you.

Last edited:
If you're using Windows all you need to do is a screen capture. I believe some users here use TinyCad, however LTSpice is also very popular as it's not just a schematic program but a full featured simulator. It is actively kept up to date.

Nice link Ian, that looks like a very valuable site.

Fritzing is still in alpha...

No simulator can possibly truly represent the active components.

Even the most advanced simulators that semi conductor makers use the final simulation always goes through several stages of testing to see if the simulator matches the real world results and they never do, adjustments always have to be made. Making the graphics and simple bread boarding look of such simulators fools the user into thinking that what they see on the screen is what they'll get in the real world, which is never the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back