Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating a Tiny Qi Receiver for Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalGreenfield

Hello,

First of all, I'm new here and an electronics newbie, especially when it comes to DIY.

I have the Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones. They get power via USB Type-C.

I'm thinking of creating for them a tiny Qi receiver, to enable them wireless charging.

In general, for creating a Qi receiver, what parts would I need?
Also, could you please recommend me small suitable parts?

I'm just looking to start researching this option, so I'm not thinking about implementation just yet.

Also, I'm aware that smaller surface area for the receiver would lead to slower charging. I might have to get creative with increasing the surface area.
I might even make a surface myself and bundle it up somehow to fit the headphones comfortably to my liking.

I'd appreciate any basic information to help me get started.

You should read the Qi standard, and some datasheets for the Qi control chips from various manufacturers then come back and ask specific questions. This site is intended for questions that can be answered in a few paragraphs. Your open ended question essentiall asks, "how do I Qi?"
In general, for creating a Qi receiver, what parts would I need?

And how do I Qi on something really small?

We have no information on your background, skills, and, therefore, what level of explanation you will need.

You should read the Qi standard, and some datasheets for the Qi control chips from various manufacturers then come back and ask specific questions. This site is intended for questions that can be answered in a few paragraphs. Your open ended question essentiall asks, "how do I Qi?"

And how do I Qi on something really small?

We have no information on your background, skills, and, therefore, what level of explanation you will need.
Thank you, I wasn't really sure where to start and that helps.

And:
I'm new here and an electronics newbie
And
I'd appreciate any basic information to help me get started.

Also, I don't think my question is open-ended. It asks for high-level information.

Check the Qi Wikipedia page and start exploring a Texas Instruments reference design. Then work back to the recommended chips and coil designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back