Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timer for telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildSwan

:lol:

Hi!!!

I am new here. After lurking around for quite sometime, I finaly had the courage to post.

Guys, I am looking for a circuit that will time a phone call. It should automatically go off once an outside the connection is established and should retain the number of minutes spent at the end of the connection, until a reset is made. There should be no call allowed until the counter has been reset.

My goal is to track my telephone usage because my line is metered and I think my provider is cheating on the bill.

Thanks guys.

Dumb question. This phone line isn't a mobile phone right? I mean, a phone that eventually plugs into a phone jack?

I'm looking for a circuit. This is possible, but with the circuits I've already found, we may need to do some engineering to suit your needs.

It will not do you a great deal of good with your phone company.

They will just say that their measuring equipment is much more accurate than yours. I would suggest using your PC as a phone dialer there should be software around that has logs. This way you have the number called, time of call and duration.

This URL has one you can use for free for 21 days
https://www.phonedialerpro.com/

Hmmm.

It's not a mobile phone. It's just a regular phone connected to a wall... and all that.

You mind showing me the circuits? We may get something from it.

Dingo, I don't want to use the PC.

Johnson777717 said:
Dumb question. This phone line isn't a mobile phone right? I mean, a phone that eventually plugs into a phone jack?

I'm looking for a circuit. This is possible, but with the circuits I've already found, we may need to do some engineering to suit your needs.

Timer for telephone

Hey guys,

I need something similar to WildSwan but for a project i'm working on. I want to use it to open a prepaid phone booth so i can track the time they spend on the phone. I want the same things he wants.

"It should automatically go off once an outside connection is established and should retain the number of minutes spent at the end of the connection, until a reset is made. There should be no call allowed until the counter has been reset."

Thanks in advance :D,

NITMOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back