Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

three phase genarator

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsoupl

a problem with a project:
create a electronic circuit that can keep still tha output voltage of a three phase genarator,with out carrying for the resistanse, requlating the current.
tips:
a)when the genarator is not spining the current must be zero
b)the current must not be higher than 5A

any thoughts??????thnks

as i know is the wye connection,and yes it has a 3 phase load!!!!
but wat about the electronic circuit that controls the output voltage of the genarator??

What type of generator are you building? (e.g. synchronous or induction)

Does the generator need frequency and control?

Since your generator is very small (i.e. you will not upset the system grid) you can easily control your output voltage by connecting your generator to the infinite bus. (same thing goes for frequency and phase).

Can you be more specific in asking your questions so that I can specifically address them?

it`s a sychronous generator!
the frequance that works to is 50hrz!!and what is asked circuit that can requlate the output voltage of the generator!
what do u mean with the infinite bus???

I don't know why some people are so stingy with information. Let us assume Tsoupl has a wind powered alternator, and he can adjust the power input by changing the vanes of the windmill. Then what is needed is a current transformer to measure the output and a servo to move the vanes. The voltage and frequency will be fixed by the grid but the alternator can burn up if power input is not controlled.

BTW, what is the difference between a synchronous and induction alternator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back