Thread Starter Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
Hi All,

I've just added a tweak to the forum. When a thread starter posts within a thread they started a 'Thread Starter' text shows in the top right of the post. This has been a requested feature and I'm happy to have it working!

Regards,
EM

How about placing the "thread starter" text in line with the left margin of the text but in the blue border. This way it's closer to the handle. It's acting like microsoft's New file in word. After hitting new, you have to go ALL the way to the right to check "blank document".

The "Thread starter" is also the poster of the initial post of the thread and it's not there.

Nice, though.

How about placing the "thread starter" text in line with the left margin of the text but in the blue border.
I had similar thoughts when I first saw it and thought that I was being overly picky.
Maybe it is a valid point after all.

JimB

I had similar thoughts when I first saw it and thought that I was being overly picky.
Maybe it is a valid point after all.

JimB

I agree. I did not notice that "Thread Starter" text before reading this post. Actually the positioning of that text is fine now that I know about it, but how many will notice that on their own?

How much are people using the "Did you find this post helpful?" buttons? I think the low-right positioning is not that good. At least on my 24 inch 16:10 screen. I think those buttons could be better next to the "add to reputation" and "report post" buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…