Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This part is driving me nuts .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

picbits

I need to replace some of these - they are failing mechanically (fractured legs) on some kit we have but while I can find the actual parts by number, they don't match the pinouts on the part. I've confirmed with a Fluke meter and a multi component tester that the pinout is the same as that printed on the component but all the parts with this number have a different diode configuration ........

1610831861484.png

Search "diode array" on Digikey, and select "1 Pair Series Connected"....there are about 50 listed in through-hole packages.

diode array 1.jpg
diode array.jpg

Already been there and done that. I'm measuring the forward voltage drop as 0.2-0.3v with low currents and 0.5v @ 5A (my bench supply won't go more than that) - the higher voltage diodes have a much higher forward voltage drop.

I've also got to stick to TO220 size packages as these are in a space constrained enclosure (three are mounted side by side on each side).

It is more the fact that nothing available with this part number actually matches the pinout of this unit that is annoying me. You go to the original manufacturers website, dig out their datasheet and the diodes are in a common cathode configuration.

Perfect for my replacement. I'll get some ordered next week :) The originals seem to have very weak legs and the vibration on our systems kills them pretty quickly.

Still curious as to why every other part with this number has a different diode configuration though.

Doh.. I did not notice that :banghead:

I've found the ixys catalog that had that part in it; it seems to be the only dual schottky they have ever made with that configuration in a TO220 or similar package.

Looking at their current products in their web site, it appears they may have dropped schottky rectifiers completely, as there are no low voltage device listed, that I can see.

No worries - every time I think I've found a drop in replacement I find an issue with it. Hey ho - thanks for having a look anyway :)

If you have space, you can combine the two middle AC (~) pins and use this...
DC (+) would be your anode and DC(-) would be the cathode and the two AC(~) can be coupled and used as the center node to replace your device.
The forward voltage is higher but I'm not sure you measured a working or a defective diode array.

**broken link removed**

Yes, it depends how desperate he is...
28 weeks is a very long time though.

Hmm nice find but no cigar .......

"Showing results for DSB20C60PN
Instead of DSB10P60PN"

The DSB20 has the wrong diode configuration (again !) - the DSB10 is correct but obsolete.

Drat. I was going to give myself a little badge...

Cheers Chris - I can't find any in the UK so will just tell work to buy new units. Ordering stuff through the company processes is bad enough at the best of times but trying to get stuff shipped over from the USA usually ends in a lot of buttache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back