Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Things that bug you

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who use the word "static" to describe any unwanted noise in a radio or audio system.

JimB

People who use the word "static" to describe any unwanted noise in a radio or audio system.

JimB

Going hand in hand with aether for old timers (hams).

Stupid people that feel entitled.....to everything......without working........

Like gimme, its our turn to eat.

Here below in the Video shown were blamed for the weather too......
The stupidty is mind boggling.

The worst is the voting masses fall for this fools crap spewing.....
Its gonna be back to wood fires and huts and nothing left of our infrastructure if he gets his way.

Yip.

More news speak (this one used to bug my grandfather): "at this moment in time"
People who use the term "passive aggressive"
People racking up mega food miles because they've become all hip and vegan. It's better to slaughter some local animals folks (and I'm saying that even as a vegetarian...)
People saying "literally" in an inappropriate fashion
The fact there is no natural gender neutral term for an unidentified person in the English language, so we have to make do with saying "they" which is technically incorrect because it's pleural or "one" which just sounds posh and/or pretentious.
Grammar nazis...
I always wear out the right knee of my trousers/jeans

That it often takes many generations to correct widely held but false knowledge.
That newsspeak is used by the general public in everyday conversation.
That one's sex life dies many decades before one's body does.
That there are those who dispute great achievements because they are ignorant, and yet find wide audiences.
Ignorance bugs me.
The absence of plain talk in all walks of life.
The decline of the dignity of work.
Intolerance.
That so many people choose to ignore the rules.
That things seem to get more expensive at a much faster rate than the government's "cost of living" index suggests.
Crowded roadways and bad drivers.
Noise. Everywhere.
Revisionist history.
The profoundly slow progress towards true world peace.
The lack of cheap clean energy, and the squabbling and apathy that thwarts its development.

politicians who talk down to their constituents like they are a kindergarten teacher talking to an unruly classroom (we had a president that did that for 8 years, and the candidate from his party that might have replaced him would have been even worse).

politicians who talk down to their constituents like they are a kindergarten teacher talking to an unruly classroom (we had a president that did that for 8 years, and the candidate from his party that might have replaced him would have been even worse).
You mean you could have got a worse president than the one you've got?

People that don't put their hand in front of their face when they sneeze.
It's ACHOOO....and the germs go every where.

It's winter here now. I don't need some idiot spraying me with flu germs.

I had TB. Winter hard enough to handle without being sick too.

Plus, if I get sick....who is going to fix the TV's pouring in here every day?

It's the owner of the business that does does this sneezing thing. I just crapped him out. Noone else does it without putting a hand in front of their face while sneezing. He must stop doing it already.

You mean you could have got a worse president than the one you've got?

I guess he would rather have a president that speaks on a 3rd grade to 5th grade level so it doesn't sound condescending.

Here some norse typical bugging things. Not important/dangerous things, just things that is plain bugging.

Non-people thing / politics
The cost of bying 3 capacitors (to repair a faulty computer mainboard) does cost like $50 - no kidding, getting a first or second grade capacitor from any country except China is ridicoulus expensive.

Next year - any cheap component (like a simple resistor) will be ridicolous expensive from next year, as there will be a new charge of about $15 for any import package, regardless of the original price.

This one may also be present in Alaska, canada etc:
The government have decided that there is too expensive building railroad any longer than the town of Bodø (in distance it is located just north to the middle of the country).
But - despite of being totally dependent on car, we have to bleed when the politicans decide we need to pay more for gasoline - because in southern part of the country, there are competing railroads and proper airports all over the place so people there can actually choose something other than driving their cars.

Checkpoint on roads (**) where car owners need to pay (get a bill sent by mail afterward) each time to pass. Typically nearby city centers.
Why this bugging me?
- Because it impact thise that already have low income.
- Those that is already ridicoluously rich doesn't have to pay anything because those can afford to live close to their jobs so they don't need to drive from a resident area far away and passing many expensive check points on road.
- SUV's is already mentioned before, but passing a road check point with a ridicolously expensive and driver have sunglasses made of pure gold pay just the same as an alone mother driving their children to school/kindergarden.
- There is massive champains where it's stated this is done because of the environoment (when in reality it is just to gain more income)

People thing
Living in the very north part of Norway, every summer we got "overrun" by germans (mostly). The big difference is this time they arrives in big expensive camper vans. They being used to wide road with multiple lanes, is not used to drive on simple road. And many are ignorant to other people on the road, so it is very common phenomen having long queues of slow driving cars - where the first one is a camper van, refusing letting any drivers behind drive past (**).
The only worse thing - ridicolous expensive camper vans with big motors, because they may opt to throttle up when they detect somebody behind tries to drive past.

For people that struggles in life - to hear all the (in media) time about happy norsemen.

The crying sad one (an actual problem, not just something bugging)
assume most western countries have similar examples:
We have had this massive stream of refugeeses coming from Syria and from all over the middle east (but not close to the numbers other countries experiences due to the sheer distance).
There is all kind of people coming, some is very skilled in various handcraft, while other are mean islamic individualists that get help from us getting shelter - and then critices the way we live.
How can I say this briefly? There seems to be a tendency that the government fail to send harmful radical islamists out of the country, while innocent families with children may be sendt out by force. Why this - well, those harmful individuals tends to have being sentenced (by death) in their home countries, and so it is impossible for the government to send them back.
We have at least two such individuals that every now and then appear on national television, usually taking into court after casting threats to individuals in the government or others. And when they get out of prison they usually tries to actually sue the goverment :rolleyes:

** Google translate isn't very helpful here, and neither is google search for images, so the combination of words may not make sense - but you probably know where I want to get with this (and suggest a better formulation (**) )
By (getting past) I mean a driver behind another weichle that opt to get ahead of another weichle, but I'm not able to use Google in a way to confirm the real meaning by "drive by" or "drive past" and any potentional difference of meaning among those.

By (getting past) I mean a driver behind another weichle that opt to get ahead of another weichle,
The word that you are looking for is "overtake".

JimB

By drive past I think you mean "overtake".
We have our own versions of the same stupid annoyances and problems in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back