Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennaj_

i am a graduating electronics engioneering student, and my group's projest is to design and build a remote controlled wheelchair using bluetooth... i was wondering if any one can give me any comments or tips on how we can start, and if this is even feasible....
if its not... then i was wondering if u could give me any other idea we could do for our feasibility...
thanks

Sure its feasible, but the main thing is you better understand communications very well and be a fairly competent programmer. As the software is going to be the most difficult part of your project.

The hardware will also be difficult, making all the controlling mechinisms and such. It should prove to be fun if nothing else :) Good luck!

On the surface it sounds like you would start with a non-powered wheelchair and add sufficient hardware/software so that you have a powered remote control wheelchair. That's quite a lot to do.

Is it enough to just develop a remote control system? Does it have to be Bluetooth or is that your term for wireless? Could you start with a powered scooter, one that someone needing a wheelchair might use? Many them have a joystick control - you might begin there with some kind of interface/control. That would spare you much of the mechanical work.

bluetooth is the easy part ;) just grab a couple of RX-BT modules from sparkfun.com (think u can use 2 slaves to communicate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back