Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thesis Documentation Quesions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydi12345

Hi again ETO, I'm through with our project hardware and software but we're left with the documentations. I am doing our Chapter 3 Methodology which is composed of:

* Technical Approaches
* Technical Design
* Testing Description
* Risks and Risk Management
* Evaluation of Project Success

I got only a little idea about it and I can't really find a reliable source for me to start. Now I'm just collecting all the necessary informations like schematics, steps, tests, etc. that will be included on the chapter. I don't know how to organize them. Can you guide me pls?

I am doing our Chapter 3 Methodology which is composed of:

* Technical Approaches
* Technical Design
* Testing Description
* Risks and Risk Management
* Evaluation of Project Success

My first questions are:

If this is chapter 3, what are the other chapters?

Where did you get the chapter headings from?

What sort of a information goes in "Methodology"?

You are probably confused by a report framework which may or may not be applicable to your project.

If it does not go completely against some stupid academic requirement, I would suggest that the report chapters should be:

1 Summary

2 Project requirements

3 Design description
. Hardware
. Software

4 Construction

5 Testing and design verification (did it meet the requirements of chapter 2?)

6 Conclusions

8 Appendices
. Schematics
. Software listings

Just my opinion, others may have different ideas.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back