Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thermal Camera Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanhalt

Most Helpful Member
I've been thinking about a thermal camera for quite awhile. Prices have been too high but are coming down. I would like opinions based on experience for the following three choices:

1) FLIR E4
2) FLIR DM284 (or any other comparable cost newer model)
3) SeeK (https://www.amazon.com/Seek-Thermal...7283&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=seek+thermal&psc=1 )

The latter is lowest resolution. The E4 is the most expensive and early versions can be converted to higher resolution. #2 is attractive. It is mid-price and has decent resolution, but I don't need the multimeter part, which I suspect adds almost nothing to the price.

My anticipated use will be general around the farm, trouble shooting non-electronic equipment and electronics, household (e.g., finding copper pipes inside walls) , and fun.

Thanks,
John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back