Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The "Truth"

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetruth2000

Below are some things to make people think. I found this on another forum.

Bush has cost us more money than what Clinton earned. Clinton made the U.S. have a surplus of money - and NO WARS!

Bush relatives run Flordia (Cheats votes), the FCC, and other jobs. Bush runs our nation in more ways than we know.

Bush seems to have had a box on his back during the debates. He is a true republican - they can't think and they are uneducated.

Bush's "No child left behind" is a POS. Schools are worse off now. Ask parents in your neighborhood.

Bush can't even admit to his own mistakes.

Bush is making the rich richer, and the middle class and poor people poorer.

Bush wants to cut Social Security funding and privatize it.

Bush does not want a person to be able to choose to have an abortion. He says that anyone who does it not true to their religion. WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO ARE NOT RELIGOUS?

Bush did not win the 2000 debate because of our votes. It went to the Supreme Court.

Bush will pull **** - I GURANTEE it.

Bush has already sent ships and troops to Iran. YES I SAID IRAN. WHAT DID THEY DO??

Bush is attacking Iraq. FINISH OSAMA FIRST!

Bush would rather pay the defecit back later (In other words make it the next Presidents problem)

Bush allowed Haliburton (Dick Chaney) and Haliburton ONLY to go to Iraq and get the oil. I wonder why? $$$

Bush did not give our troops the supplies and armor they need.

Decapitation videos are videotaped from ABU GHRAIB!!

Where are the weapons of mass destruction (WMD) ????

If you do not believe any of this, go out and buy a book, watch a movie, or use Google! If you guys would just think, it would all come to sense. There is so much more Bush has done, but I cannot possibly list it all!

RESUME
GEORGE W. BUSH
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20520
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

Law Enforcement:
I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available.

Military:
I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.

College:
I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
I ran for U.S. Congress and lost. I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock. I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money. With the help of my father and our friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:
- I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union.. During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.
- I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.
- I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.
- With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing by over 500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:
- I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.
- I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.
- I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury.
- I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.
- I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.

- I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
- I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market. In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues every month.
- I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.
- I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President.
- I am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.

- My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. History, Enron.
- My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U..S. Supreme Court during my election decision.
- I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history.
- I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.
- I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history.

- I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
- I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any President in U.S. history.
- I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States government.
- I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history.
- I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission.

- I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law.
- I refused to allow inspector's access to U.S. "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.
- I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).
- I set the record for fewest numbers of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.
- I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period. After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.

- I garnered the most sympathy ever for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.
- I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protests against any person in the history of mankind.
- I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens, and the world community.
- I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families in wartime.
- In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq and then blamed the lies on our British friends.

- I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.
- I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD.
- I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
- All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.
- All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
- All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

PLEASE CONSIDER MY EXPERIENCE WHEN VOTING IN 2004!

**broken link removed**

samcheetah said:
i think we should keep the politics crap out of such a nice forum.

amen.

but... how about you guys think about this after reading the above:

Clinton awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Yugoslavia - good...
Bush awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Iraq - bad...

Clinton spends 77 billion on war in Serbia - good...
Bush spends 87 billion in Iraq - bad...

Clinton imposes regime change in Serbia - good...
Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...

Clinton bombs Christian Serbs on behalf of Muslim Albanian terrorists-good...
Bush liberates 25 million from a genocidal dictator - bad...

Clinton bombs Chinese embassy - good...
Bush bombs terrorist camps - bad...

Clinton commits felonies while in office - good...
Bush lands on aircraft carrier in jumpsuit - bad...

No mass graves found in Serbia - good...
No WMD found Iraq - bad...

Stock market crashes in 2000 under Clinton - good...
Economy on upswing under Bush - bad...

Clinton refuses to take custody of Bin Laden - good...
World Trade Centers fall under Bush - bad...

Clinton says Saddam has nukes - good...
Bush says Saddam has nukes - bad...

Clinton calls for regime change in Iraq - ! good
Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...

Terrorist training in Afghanistan under Clinton - good...
Bush destroys training camps in Afghanistan - bad...

Milosevic not yet convicted - good...
Saddam turned over for trial - bad...

Ahh, it's so confusing!
Every year an independent tax watchdog group analyzes the average tax burden on Americans, and then calculates the "Tax Freedom Day". This is the day after which the money you earn goes to you, not the government. This
year, tax freedom day was April 11th. That's the earliest it has been since 1991.
It's latest day ever was May 2nd, which occurred in 2000. Notice anything special about those dates?
Recently, John Kerry gave a speech in which he claimed Americans are actually paying more taxes under Bush, despite the tax cuts. He gave no explanation and provided no data for this claim.

Another interesting fact: Both George Bush and John Kerry are wealthy men.

Bush owns only one home, his ranch in Texas. Kerry owns 4 mansions,
all worth several million dollars. (His ski resort home in Idaho is an
old barn brought over from Europe in pieces. Not your average A-frame).

Bush paid $250,000 in taxes this year; Kerry paid $90,000. Does that

sound right? The man who wants to raise your taxes obviously has figured out a way to avoid paying his own.

Kerry has voted to have our taxes raised over 200 times... I'm not a wealthy person, i'm a poor college student... i can't afford to pay for other people. :(

I love how people like to make Bush sound like a dictator. BUSH sent us to war, BUSH didnt give our soldiers armor, BUSH only let haliburton have oil contracts, BUSH wants to attack Iran etc. Congress declares war, and lets not forget that Kerry voted for it. Congress approves funding supplies for our troops and Kerry voted against this. The Haliburton situation is far more complicated that what you suggest, Bush doesn't just choose a company and give them contracts, and the money Cheney gets from them is back pay that he earned when he worked there. Iran is actively developing nuclear technology which they certainly do not need for energy, and they refuse to cooperate with anyone unless they are given free aid, technology etc....blackmail is what it comes down to. Bush doesnt get cheat votes from Florida because his brother is the governor. Bush didnt win the popular vote ( it was an election, not a debate ) but the polls now show that he will lead the popular vote. If he has more support now he must have done somthing right. Everyone likes to talk about expenses, well how does Kerry plan to come up with the $2 trillion for his health care plan? Also unemployment is low and the economy is improving, no need for change for now. When it comes to admitting mistakes he admitted to making mistakes in appointments to offices. Im sure everyone expects him to say Iraq or somthing like that, but how can he? The question isnt even fair. If he admits its a mistake its like saying our soldiers died in vain and accomplished nothing, if he doesn't, he "cant admit his mistakes". Someone please ask John Kerry that question. In closing, your statement about those beheadings taking place at Abu Ghraib has no basis in reality. If you think "googling" , watching movies ( michael moore's genuine piece of unbiased art i assume ) and books written by partisan democrats and other people with an agenda is solid information, then keep spreading you conspiracy theories. Its all propaganda. Oh yea and over 100 worldwide intelligence agencies thought Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. He didn't, can't change that now. All you can do is make the best of it and keep the moral of soldiers up, or tell them they have suffered for nothing, quit, and accomplish nothing. Sorry for the rant...i just hate propaganda.

1) This is an electronics forum. Many of the people here aren't American. Lets try and keep the debate about electronics...?

2) Please try and realise that the stuff you're posting is designed to make Bush look like a fool. i.e. its selective editing. You never read the whole story. If you are taken in by it you are a fool.

:lol:

If one really wants to split hairs...

The word truth, spelt with a capital "T" is gramatically incorrect.
However this is an electronics forum and will not bore you with
the details why and how it is wrong.

I think this is all getting rather carried away! - it's simply a SPAM posting, by someone who has signed up simply to SPAM the board. Hopefully the entire thread will be deleted by the administrator?.

This board isn't a political forum, and not a suitable place for a thread like this - regardless of it's accuracy or otherwise!. Particularly when it's not even an American board and most members probably aren't American - I couldn't even care less about our own UK elections, never mind a couple of idiots across the Atlantic!.

Well said Nigel!! That Ju-Ji-whatsit spirit shines through.

I have to say, if its a Spam thread, I reserve my right to spam in it...

damn, there's never a spam emoticon when you need one...

and I agree Nigel, I'm not even old enough to vote in our elections!

I apologize for sowing the seeds of off topic discussion, but over here in the US the whole election thing is getting ridiculous and its sad to see people reduced to spaming electronics boards, and very hard to resist replying to them.

It's not even worth replying to*, because as the cliche goes (cliches are cliches for a reason), "You can't reason someone out of what they didn't reason themselves into." It's not good enough to say, "It's ok that Bush did this and that, because Clinton did the same thing." Because wrong is wrong even if everyone else did it, too.

All you can do is refute each and every lie that so called Truth2000 (stuck in the past, huh?) put out, but no one has that kind of time except those that are s_ucking at the teat of those of us who are productive. I would bet anything that he is a ward of the state, e.g., welfare, union***, a teacher, college student, chronically unemployed**. My sincere hope is that he is a college student, so that there is still hope he might grow up and learn to think critically.

That said, I think the moderator should remove this thread before it gets too far out of control. It probably already has.

j.

*Yes, I am aware that I'm replying.

**There are right fine people in all these groups, and it is possible that you are one of them. If so, it doesn't apply to you, so don't flame me.

***Unions give legitimacy to people who act like spoiled three year olds, who extort their employers, drive up prices, send jobs overseas, engage in behavior that is reprehensible and illegal, all in the name of overpaying the lazy and the stupid.

All I have to say is _-Bush Cheney 2004-_.
And this nonsense about john kerry solving the nation debt is a bunch of bull, If all the presidents before him couldnt do it, what makes himn so special....oh no, I started ranting, I shut up now.

Oh and Dak246, I see you have your location set as PSU, (I'm assuming that's penn state university) Which campus are you at?

Yeah, I'm up at Behrend, in boring old Erie, still living at home too.

Yea i was living at home at hazleton too...it was probably the smallest of all the campuses. But its great up here at u park. We had a visit from michael moore a couple days ago and i couldnt resist joining the anti-kerry protest outside the byrce jordan center...good times.

grrr_arrghh said:
1) Many of the people here aren't American.

I would like to apologize to all the non-Americans here.
Our President is an idiot.
We are sorry.
I did not vote for him.

Political 'rant'

It appears that this thread is generating some considerable interest, even if it is way off forum.

I have taken the liberty of changing the title subtly to be a little more accurate, this could be the "truth" in someone's eyes --- for me it just further proves that you cannot believe everything you read :wink:

Personally, the only 'political animals' I ever understood were the pigs in Animal Farm.

Don't forget ... ... ...

I would like to apologize to all the non-Americans here.
Our President is an idiot.
We are sorry.
I did not vote for him.

Who are you to think that you speak for me?

I voted for Bush, and I will again. Any foreigners (including those that endorse Kerry, like Cuba, China, North Korea, Islamic Jihad, Yassar Arafat, also, the Communist Party) that don't like it, that's tough. I make no apologies.

j.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back