Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Top Guy Flicks (Movies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

The 300
The Last Samurai
Gladiator

**broken link removed**

The Blues Brothers, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future...

The "Dollars" trilogy

Once upon a time in the west.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Pulp Fiction

Desperado

JimB

Mad Max.

The first one. Mel Gibson was awesome. My favourite line went something like this:

"You have 10 Minutes to saw through your handcuffs or 5 Minutes to saw through your ankles".

Choices ah choices ;)

Bang. Brilliant movie.

Cheers,
tv tech

Last edited:
Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World's End--coming in 2014)

The Matrix

"You have 10 Minutes to saw through your handcuffs or 5 Minutes to saw through your ankles".

is that SAW? or the movie where everyone is trapped in a house and they have to survive each room which they never do? My partner loves them!

I believe that is Saw. I can't say for sure, though--I've never watched it.

I enjoyed Gladiator and 300 visually and they had solid stories, but I found them to be a bit formulaic.

I tend to like series.
The Matrix, and Terminator series are incredible.
Shaun of the dead was great, didn't like Hot Fuzz quiet as much but it was still decent.

There's always Rambo, Aliens, Predator (and their affiliates :))

I enjoyed Gladiator and 300 visually and they had solid stories, but I found them to be a bit formulaic.

I tend to like series.
The Matrix, and Terminator series are incredible.
Shaun of the dead was great, didn't like Hot Fuzz quiet as much but it was still decent.

There's always Rambo, Aliens, Predator (and their affiliates :))

Gladiator was decent. I liked the scene in the arena when one of the chariots flipped over, and some cloth came away exposing the gas tanks used to make it flip :D

Terminator was decent, Aliens was not a favorite. Haven't seen 300 yet.

I think Hot Fuzz is even better than Shaun of the Dead, personally :D

Didn't like Aliens really? Why? The first one was a bit rough, but everything after has a solid action element. Resurrection was a stretch but a good end to the series

In my world no one is more a man than Sigourney Weaver, especially after Avatar.

I guess I'm not into a lot of 'manly' movies, I like thinkers, or at least pretend thinkers with a good visual crust, the flaws in the philosophy go down easy with that candy coating of incredibly impossible actions and just plain blowing stuff up.

I think that's why I liked Inception, yet hated it at the same time. It was a candy coated nugget of something that never was there.

Hope I'm not using too many analogies.

But you didn't answer why you didn't like Aliens! That's a personal favorite of mine, I have no problem with you not liking it but need to know why :confused:

But you didn't answer why you didn't like Aliens! That's a personal favorite of mine, I have no problem with you not liking it but need to know why :confused:

I'm thinking that's one with terrible acting. Maybe I'm thinking "Alien". I am just really picky about how well people act. It's not something I can help--if there's poor acting in a movie, I don't like it. Simple as that :p

Either way, I mean no offense :)

I loved the movie, never said the acting was top notch :) curious as to your experience though.

dollar trilogy,

gladiator,

terminator(s)

true lies

sleepless in Seattle (just kidding)

Last edited:
Wow surprises me some people are getting Mad Max and Saw mixed up :(.

Mad Max 1 & 2 are truly great :)

Wow surprises me some people are getting Mad Max and Saw mixed up :(.

Mad Max 1 & 2 are truly great :)

LOL...tis true.

Quoted from Wikipedia because I can't remember it all anymore...epic though:

"In a cold, suppressed rage, Max handcuffs Johnny's ankle to the wrecked vehicle whilst Johnny begs for his life. Max ignores his begging and sets a crude time-delay fuse with a slow fuel leak and a lighter. Throwing Johnny a hacksaw, Max leaves him the choice of sawing through either the handcuffs (which will take ten minutes) or his ankle (which will take five minutes). Max casually drives away; as he clears the bridge, Johnny's vehicle explodes. Max continues driving into the darkness".

Decisions, decisions :eek:

Cheers,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back