Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Joe Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
philba said:
even home made SJs are nasty. IMHO, of course. But then I like brie cheese, sushi and caviar. not at the same time though.

And by the way, I think you meant natural gas, not water...

That is what I meant. Sorry.

I live on brie cheese, sushi and caviar. Seafood is the best.. I can eat them at the same time (still can not run a car off the gas; not that I have tried). I just had MontJack cheese and summer sausage for a snack after my dinner. Boars head brand.

And SJs are something when you are really working hard on a project and are really hungry and a nice lady brings one to you.. You eat it and say "Damn that was good".

At least it was not SPAM (I think that is was it is called)..

Oh here we go, the SPAM lovers will jump in with the proper way to cook it. Or defend it.

BUT when the Neutron Cell comes out. I will be on it.

mramos1 said:
And SJs are something when you are really working hard on a project and are really hungry and a nice lady brings one to you.. You eat it and say "Damn that was good".
ah, well, when some one brings food, it is always good manners to consume and pronounce to be fantastic. especially if she happens to be good looking and interested in more than just feeding you!

by the way, SPAM is an acronym - Some Parts Are Meat.

OK here we go:
Verified, Working Plans for the Sloppy Joe Cell anyone can build

Components:
3 lbs ground beef
1lb canned stewed tomatoes (the Italian type is best)
16 oz tomato sauce
1 cup ketchup
12 oz chili sauce
1 chopped onion
1 chopped bell pepper
1 chopped banana pepper (pepperocini).
8 oz mushrooms
1 beef boullion cube
1/2t pepper

Assembly Instructions:
Brown and thoroughly drain ground beef
mix everything except mushrooms, stew for an hour or two on low heat, stirring periodically.
Add mushrooms near the end (they get mushy if you add them early on).

It will be tasty and will power your car engine endlessly for free.

I have them maybe once a year.. Only at my friends Mom's house. They are great. And in about 1-2 hours. System is cleaned out. Safer than Taco Bell. Works the same.

EDIT: I guess this is still alternate energy related.

No wonder that garbage cleans out your system. I eat good nourishing food, not garbage, and I don't get cleaned out!

Not all us "American guys" eat that stuff. But you can usually tell who they are if you ride an elevator with them.

The cowboys "let it go" on elevators? Nobody taught them any manners?

If you think Sloppy Joes are bad, you should check out some of the "Southern Delights" I've seen people go crazy over... America is muti-cultural, so expect most anything on a plate. I'm sure it's just me, but SPAM is the all-time grossest. Just seeing some outside of its protective container makes me feel ill. Perhaps it was the story about the rat-skin-lawsuit when I was younger, or the graphic knowledge of what "byproducts" really are...

SPAM is way up there on the gross scale but it's not just American. Koreans pass the stuff around like those awful fruit cakes people give at Christmas.

However, name a nation or culture or ethnic group and they all have some truly disgusting food. Not sure what you Canadians have but I'm sure you have something. Ever read "A Cooks Tour"?

And, yes, some of those "cowboys" rip out nasty ones in the worst possible places.

Man, is this thread OT or what???

philba said:
Man, is this thread OT or what???

I diverted it because the original Joe Cell topic is stupid. Swapping Sloppy Joe recipies was more useful.

Oznog said:
I diverted it because the original Joe Cell topic is stupid. Swapping Sloppy Joe recipies was more useful.

and likely to generate more combustable substances than a joe cell.

Oznog said:
OK here we go:
Verified, Working Plans for the Sloppy Joe Cell anyone can build

Components:
3 lbs ground beef
1lb canned stewed tomatoes (the Italian type is best)
16 oz tomato sauce
1 cup ketchup
12 oz chili sauce
1 chopped onion
1 chopped bell pepper
1 chopped banana pepper (pepperocini).
8 oz mushrooms
1 beef boullion cube
1/2t pepper

Assembly Instructions:
Brown and thoroughly drain ground beef
mix everything except mushrooms, stew for an hour or two on low heat, stirring periodically.
Add mushrooms near the end (they get mushy if you add them early on).

It will be tasty and will power your car engine endlessly for free.

Sounds good to me, I might cut the pepper a bit though as it isn't my favourite spice.

I'm not too fussy, I like nearly all food both good and bad. McDonnald's is good, so is cabbage, liver, mussels ect.

As far as alcohol is concerned, I'm more picky. I can't stand gin or wine. I normally drink beer, cider and vokka, some rum is also good too. I can never go though an evening dinking the same drink because I get bored, I normally feel alright in the mornig but sometimes I'm sick.

Last edited:
Our gasoline has 10% ethanol made from corn in it. The smell of the ethanol in the gasoline is distinctive and a little pleasant.

Does anyone know which kind of booze is the same kind?

Audoguru: I would think a clear colored one. Vodka maybe? But I don't know. Also, I would bet gas is still cheaper. Less filtering.

You guys are taking Joe's major "cell" discovery and reducing it to Sloppy Joes and Vodka (SPAM on the side).. And the poor Proton Joe Cell guy.. [click here to send a donation].

Sounds to me like we all need a get together..

I can see it now.

Mr. Pres/Blair/*: The electro-tech guys invented free energy (the Sloppy Joe Cell), what should we do..

Contact them.. Flunky calls Electro..

Mr. Pres/Blair/*: So what did they want.

Flunky: They all want be flown to Costa Rico for a weekend and have all the Sloppy Joe's and Vodka they can consume (A guy names Hi-tech has to leave his shirt home). After the trip is over they want a contest for $10,000 and free ICE machines for all type chips for everyone.

Mr. Pres/Blair/*: They want ICE, do they not have air conditioners. And why are the square ice chips no good enough? Why for all types?

Sorry. Could not resist until the Neutron Joe cell is out.

audioguru said:
Our gasoline has 10% ethanol made from corn in it. The smell of the ethanol in the gasoline is distinctive and a little pleasant.

Does anyone know which kind of booze is the same kind?

sour mash whiskey. moonshine, if you can get it.

I have never seen sour mash whisky for sale and I think moonshine is illegal. So I looked in Google and found out that Bourbon is made from corn. Our gasoline has bourbon in it!

yes, Bourbon sour mash derived. so is Jack Daniels. anything made in Kentucky or Tennessee is likely to be sour mash. Moonshine isn't illegal, I bet. It's the selling without paying the liquor tax (or what ever you call it in CA) probably is, though.

I knew a guy who made his own. Pretty interesting. sprout the corn, then dry and grind it, then boil it much like wort for beer, cool it and put yeast and sugar in. wild yeast is welcome (the "sour" part). Let it bubble for about a week or so and then distill it. damn stuff will take the skin off your throat. but frankly, I'll pass on that stuff.

I'll just stear clear of moonshine because I don't want to go blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back