Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Joe Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I've been reading this thread for a while and have to say that while one should have an open mind, some are so open that they need to be closed for repairs...

This joe cell thing bares striking similarities to several frauds that have seemed to originate in australia. maybe its just coincidence. there was one where a kid (alex, age 16, I think) invented this great video compressor that allowed you to send full motion movies over a phone line via a 14.4Kb modem. the quality was better than DVD. It was called Alex's compressor or some such. It was bathed in pseudo science and railings against the codec establishment.

Of course it came to nothing as it's easy to prove/disprove. when the call came to show the results, alex's lawyer wanted a deal upfront, sight unseen before anything else. the joe cell requires an investment of time and money to disprove and if you don't get the results, it's easy to say "you did it wrong". What I don't see is how anyone profits other than selling the "Joe Books".

Frankly, I know a number of Aussies and they love a good joke. A couple of them I went to school with were huge practical jokers. It wouldn't suprise me if this was cooked up by a bunch of pub mates after the 5th round.

Yep Philba I tend to agree wiff ya on this one mate. As you probably know I'm an aussie and after reading the stuff on joe cells I asked my wife if she ever heard of Orgone gas ? Well her answer was she knows every element known to mankind after spending 15 years at uni for several degrees and she has never heard of it. I think it's time this thread was deleted and any future threads related to this crap also be deleted straight away. Well I don't mean to brag here but since this forum has started I reckon the only decent posts apart from williB's and my link page the rest belongs in the trashcan.

Just my thoughts

bryan that's the conclusion most of us have come to but even crackpot ideas have to be studied until it becomes obvious it's just a joke.

The Joe cell is a joke.

mramos1 said:
My car is driven stop and go.. Highway here is a joke.. 16 gallons a tank and 398 miles best.. So far. So not too good. 25mpg. And if I route the PCV valve back to normal, 240 miles best. Thought was better air in the intake or better gas mix (non-carb intake). Hydroden is good maybe more miles on the tank.

So how would I connect a golf cart motor to a Mazda MX6. Hehe..

I fitted a 48 V motor to a Fiat multipla 1963 it was new with a 600 c.c. rear motor, i had two choices, use the engine to charge the batteries or assist the engine milage by running on batteries and then when they are flat running on engine. I chose the latter because normaly i only drove a few miles to work and back so I very rarely bought gas. You pays your money and takes your choice.

I drive 45 minutes (to go 15 miles) each day.. A scooter might be my option. hehe..

I will play with using battery under the hood for something. I saw this vortex things that goes in the breather tube as well. Maybe I will play with that next, use a motor to turn mine.

I know I got hydrogen and oxygen, but two different elements and chemicals helps speed the production up. The joe cell is water and stainless. If I had stainless, I would make one, just to see what it does.

But I see no reason to spend money on the things. Maybe I will get one off Ebay for $1.. :)

Hello all
Great reading.:)
I am the owner of http://www.hydropowercar.com there is a lot of good info on this subject with a lot of discussions on the topic of hydrogen and the use of hydrogen in an I.C.E. This is a project i have been working on for the last few years. there is a lot of progress that has been made but i have not been able to run my car on hydrogen alone. their is a simple hydrogen generator you can build your self with video on it's operation. now my experience is that the Joe cell is nothing special. there is no special voodoo involved. I doubt his claims on running a car on the Joe cell alone. and please don't get the idea that i have accomplished this either. the goal of the project is to achieve 100 mpg (of gasoline) on a 91 Geo metro using hydrogen. the website is open to anyone. there is also my diy wind turbine and solar power. i believe it is possible to build a hydrogen on demand system for a automobile. and with the combined knowledge of people maybe we can achieve this.

mramos1 said:
I know I got hydrogen and oxygen, but two different elements and chemicals helps speed the production up. The joe cell is water and stainless. If I had stainless, I would make one, just to see what it does.

Don't use stainless as an electrode. It's a bad idea that many experimenters think is a good idea. Stainless will corrode badly if used for electrolysis. The result is a soup of iron oxide and some highly toxic chromium. The plate will be notably thinner after even several amp-hrs. Stainless is also a relatively poor conductor. It will get quite hot if a lot of current is applied. The resistive losses also make it inefficient.

Quality electrolysis cells typically use platinum or at least platinum-plated electrodes. These do not corrode and are highly efficient, though expensive. They usually use a highly alkaline solution. In fact the pH is so high it's a very dangerous concentration to come in contact with, so if you wish to experiment you MUST have proper safety equipment and a decent understanding of safety procedures. If you get splashed it'll burn your skin or blind you faster than pool hydrochloric acid. More water is added as it is converted to keep the concentration constant.

But the Joe cell is just a fraud like 100 others. You can't get around the conservation of energy rules. Any claims of being able to make hydrogen without the required amount of energy per kg are bogus as a rule.

Easy to say. In fact I invented such a miracle myself using a unique citric acid additive to the solution and a low energy pressure pump that will allow you to convert pounds of water to H2 and O2 off a single 9v battery. It's been confirmed by several major university researchers and I can give you chart after chart to prove it. Exxon offered me a half billion to cover up the idea but I refused.

See, it was easy to SAY, wasn't it? And I only spent about 30 sec on MY scam.

There isn't any difference between having an electric motor driving a generator that powers the motor. And this crap about a gas engine driving a molecule divider to burn in the engine.

This thread is making me hungry for a Sloppy Joe. Mmmmm, Sloppy Joes.

I would like Dim Sum right now.. Not sure what that has to do with the Joe Cell, but now I have to go get a snack..

Wait... I see a lot of old posts popping up, so figure I have to move one of mine to the front..

I found this.. Under Area51>Levitation>Alien>UFO.. Just kidding on that part.

It was a link on a site I look at that works hard to keep a public eye on free energy.

I read it, since I looked at the Joe Cell stuff.. To save you reading it all go to the bottom (they all end this way). The guy needs the right car to put the "Proton Cell" in AND is short $4000 but has a paypal link.

**broken link removed**

We are all gonna crap one day when something is real. But the "I do not have $4000" and "the right car", [DONATION BUTTON]..

I do love that story. perhaps my favorite part is:
More recently, BJ said he heard of "two people in Southern Australia received beatings and threats because they succeeded in running a car on a water cell."

He also said, "an elderly farmer near Lismore had two trucks, a car, and a tractor running from cells. Joe told me he was to be interviewed by a television crew, but then he disappeared, and all running vehicles were taken away. Joe located him three months later, heavily drugged in a mental institution with amnesia.

Joe has received numerous death threats.
Sigh, it's those evil oil companies, for sure. Or, maybe it's the Arabs. Or space aliens.

Philba: It was too good to pass on.

I would think the beatings would be here in the States where the evil oil people are. Why are they beating up people over there.

I think the real "Joe" guy is from Australia. I bet he is now hiding with Bin Laudin and left Australia..

Oznog said:
This thread is making me hungry for a Sloppy Joe. Mmmmm, Sloppy Joes.
What's a Sloppy Joe?

We don't have them over here whatever thay are.

Oh a sloppy joe. It is great.. Think of a burger, but the meat is mixed and in a tomato sauce (maybe some chilli pepper in it).. I friend of mines Mom makes the best and I think it is just ketchup and ground beef and a spice.

ewwww, I'm American and I think sloppy joes are nearly the most vile form of food on the planet, even worse than haggis, but not as bad as vegemite. Definitely an acquired taste.

Well the sloppy joe stuff you get in a can IS vile, just ketchup really. In fact only a couple of ingredients are different.

Proper sloppy joe has stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, spices/chilli powder, chopped onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and if you're daring a banana pepper. It's really good stuff when done right.

And it will power your car for free on water.

Yea, but to power my car I did not like the place the hose went..

I never said canned. And the best ones tasted like ketchup to me (with chilli in it, no beans). And the banana peppers. Bring them on.

This lady makes the best, and THEY will power a car. Sometimes in less than one hour.

even home made SJs are nasty. IMHO, of course. But then I like brie cheese, sushi and caviar. not at the same time though.

And by the way, I think you meant natural gas, not water...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back