Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the brown noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again,

Ok Eric :)
I wasnt around to actually measure the wind speed but i have seen a lot of videos and you can see the effect of the wind on the water spray and on the nearby bushes. That sure was nasty. I really dont like to see bridge collapses anywhere. Just imagine what Japan must be going through these days.

Mythbusters that I seen used a 10-20ft sub, but it didn;t work, surprise,, however they did show the scope reading and it looked like a sin wave with a mountain in the middle(the same kind that shows up when i run too low a freq on a tweeter),
so whats happened is the 20ft subwoofer was prolly only ranged to the 20hz , not the ulf requ'd, like said in the begining earthquake would take alot of power, but how hard would it be to make a small ulf coil, just to make a table dance or something, is it as simple as an inductor large enough?

Yes, I apologize if I sounded like I was disagreeing with you. I was actually explaining why I agree, though my phrasing was not very well thought-out. Sorry for the confusion.
Der Strom

That's ok, everything's clear now! :)

That's ok, everything's clear now! :)

Now if we could only get a proper definition of doggys word "prolly".

I assume its probably but its being written as spoke by him instead of being spoken properly as the correct word probably but I am at best still guessing. :confused:

Hello again,

Ok Eric :)
I wasnt around to actually measure the wind speed but i have seen a lot of videos and you can see the effect of the wind on the water spray and on the nearby bushes. That sure was nasty. I really dont like to see bridge collapses anywhere. Just imagine what Japan must be going through these days.

hi Al,
You may find this interesting, the London Millennium bridge.
**broken link removed**
millenium bridge wobble - Google Search

Last edited:
ACK! I just dont get it!!! are we not men of science, does not simplification flow through our veins, is it not our destiny to follow the path of least resistance? Is not algebra's ultimate existence to simplify things? ANd does not the English language constantly evolve? was it not least 100 yrs ago that we said thy and thou, and what about "yrs" is that proper eng? and what about lol, and other emoticons, and wat about the word emoticons itself, I am actually surprised that the lingual evolution is not endorsed here!

BAK to the topic!
I have read on resonance a while back and since then have formed a hypothesis that the resonant f can be derived from surface area and density(am I right?)

the part I dont get is how do I output the signal, obviously a speaker type thing?, or is it as simple as an inductor that has proper reactance?

I dont really want to form quakes but i would like to reproduce that vibration(small scale).

I dont really want to form quakes but i would like to reproduce that vibration(small scale).

That is the trouble with resonance--once you have the resonant frequency, it is very difficult to keep it under control (keep it small scale). I think it somewhat scared Tesla when he caused the earthquake--I don't think he was intending to. He, too, was probably just trying to make it work on "a small scale" :D

i get that, but i doubt a low power motor,even "tuned" could cause such a build up, since you would still need to overcome the friction resistance, actually I just want to hear want it sounds like!

It can't be as simple as running a motor @ a low rpm, (with a weight offset)

Also I was watching a movie recently on fractals, which left me with alot of questions, but answered some to, like how does a cell tower receive all those different bands, but then I learned about fractal antennas,
but as microphones compliment speakers, I wonder if a fractal antenna would make a good transmitter? and what the max band range (and distance range) i could get out of it? or what about a torroid type thing in a fractal pattern? (any design info on these could help me!)

I think most people are reluctant to publish details on how to produce negative or destructive effects, it's not something the should be encouraged. Resonance can take a while to build up to a noticeable level, might tend to start an experiment, get bored with it, and leave it going, while you go out for lunch, or get involved with something else. Don't think there would be one universal 'Brown Note', since we are all different dimensions and chemistry. Maybe something that is close enough for most though. The intestinal tract moves solids, through rhythmic contractions, so I would think there must be someway to stimulate or alter the rhythm.

but none are as natural!!

welll wat about if you guys explained in such a way that only i could understand, but the terrrorists wont!!!

OKOK, i know thats a no go, but once again I have an Idea, and i could use this principal to actually PUT AN END TO EARTHQUAKES as we know them, so what about a plan B, is there a medium or method, if i can't make the noise myself, who can do it for me to test my theory? Its very sound reasoning, and again uses common known physics, but I scare, even if someone wants to steal it i would be happy to give for a sm donation! I dont know how to go about theses things?

lol, yup, ever seen this; Breaking Glass with Sound

the one i first seen used a feedback loop so that it was self tuning, and used less energy.

GOING OFF TOPIC a bit, anyone seen the new sound cannons big bro uses, i was watching Weaponology on tv, apparently it uses ultrasonics to project, the actual sound is demoded on the target from the force cause by the ultraS, causing the sound to be CREATED on the target!,,, ITS funny cause several yrs ago, the guy at work was telling me I should invent a "ventriloquism machine", I told him all we needed to do was use similar to a radio encoder, to enc the voice into a RF that is high enough to travel linearly, and then demoded with the resonance of the object, mind you idk about ultrasonics, or any details, and I am not claiming rights,, but they stole my idea again!!! just like the guy who stole my idea of using TEA lasers to catch lightning(mind you he stole it 10yrs before i though it up),

......my next idea they are going to steal is:

the diamond capacitor <---- ultra high power(V), in a ultra small package!

BAK; this all reminds me of the first day I wired a singen + 2n3055 + 12v + coil of wire around tube with magnet inside!

that was the first time I have understood Q!, so what was he saying, about that driver should have higher +ve edge? also I wonder about the force he needs to initalize the ball, can you really use a seed to move a rock, as long as we overcome friction?

it still leaves my question about the driver, how do we make sure(establish) a sub-woofer can go to lowF, or a tweeters range, this question applies to all transmission mediums in the EM spectrum, incl, antennas and such????

PS: i just noticed those MIT vids are free online courses; any chance they have free exams & free diploma too!!?

Land air guns

Just to take some of the "golly gee whiz--can I make me a big ol' earthquake by vibrating the earth at the right frequency?" out of this thread, I'd like to point out that doing this--basically pounding the ground with massive amounts of energy--is done all the time, and it's no big deal.

The company I worked for a while ago had a bunch of clients who were in the geology business. Specifically, they worked in the oil and gas exploration industry. One aspect of this, finding where the petro-stuff was, involved sending huge shock waves through the earth, and basically "listening" to the echoes with sensors. We processed these huge datasets of what they called "seismic" data, which was then recorded on 9-track tape.

Here's a description of the process. They use these large ground-pounders called "land air guns". Here's a diagram of one from one of our clients' literature:

So far as I know, none of our "seismic" customers were ever responsible for causing an earthquake. However, lots of earthquakes have been caused by human activity. The far more likely cause is ground subsidence caused by pumping water out of underground aquifers. This has occurred in southern Arizona, as well as other places.

Attachments

• Land air gun.gif
    Land air gun.gif
    77.4 KB · Views: 145
gee, i wonder if mi mini speaker is more harmful than that thing.....

Unless your mini-speaker is hydraulically powered, I seriously doubt it.

By the way, you do realize that Tesla was a bona fide nutcase, in addition to being a genius, don't you?

Last edited:
and Einstein was a dropout..... looks like my chances are getting better and better!!!

plspls, i dont' mean to be so persistent but i just cant figure how to establish the omega, I keep seeing something as the Xl value!?

plspls, i i just cant figure how to establish the omega, I keep seeing something as the Xl value!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back