Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

THD vs frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky-Luka

Hi all

I've found this link: https://www.audio-perfection.com/au...mplitude-and-frequency-sweeps-in-ltspice.html

I'm trying to understand how to use this script properly.
Can someone tell me how I can plot the THD vs freq graph?
After I've simulated the given example , I went to the error log (CTRL-L) and than I right clicked the log window.
THD vs output amplide graph appear after I select "plot selected meas data"
I have even changed the analyzer_controls.txt commenting the amplitude sweep and uncommenting the freq sweep but the result doesn't change: I cannot display the THD vs freq graph I'm looking for.

If there is another method to achieve a thd vs freq graph using LTSpice it's ok for me.

Happy Holidays.

No one had the necessity to obtain a thd vs freq graph in LTSpice? Isn't it an interesting info to show? I'm a beginner and I thought it should be displayed.

All audio amplifiers have high frequency phase shift so they need a frequency compensation capacitor to roll-off the high frequencies so that there is no voltage gain at a frequency with enough phase shift to cause the negative feedback to become positive feedback and cause the amplifier to oscillate.
Therefore the open-loop gain of the amplifier is reduced at high frequencies which caused distortion to increase at high frequencies.

You can either see the distortion in a simulation or you can build a prototype and measure the distortion. Sometimes the simulation is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back