Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thanks to All

Status
Not open for further replies.

papaharry582

I have noticed that you folks usually don't come right out and answer a question. Instead, you give just enough information to get the questioner on the right track and, if the questioner applies himself, he can figure out what he wants to know. I have been trying to learn about this stuff for a while now. I'm a 60+ retired industrial mechanic and, for me, low voltage is 120vac and low current is 15A fuses. High voltage is 2500-4160 vac and high current can be anything from 500A to 10,000A. Having said all of that, I want to thank all of you for forceing me to think this stuff through. Because of you I don't break out in a cold sweat when i have to do something with a 555 timer. I have even designed simple circuits using 4093s, 4017s, and 4015s. I plan to learn how to work with PICs, but that is down the road a little. Since I only have two active brain cells --and one of them is always on vacation-- I take it kinda slow. Thanks again, and keep up the excellent work.

Micro controllers, or even digital logic are fun when you start mixing in stages that use high power. Once you can make an astable circuit with a 555 digital logic opens it's windows to you.

Glad someone likes what gets done here. Thank you! You are always welcome to ask questions any time.

I've still got a whole lot of learnin' yet to do, but a lot of what I have learned is because of the good folks on this board. And I agree that the teaching style where thinking is encouraged and spoon-feeding is looked down on really helps.

This is a great place to learn and the gurus on the board have really helped me wraps this thick head of mine around stuff that a few years ago was magic to me.

And Sceadwian is right: micros are great fun. You'll love 'em. :)

Cheers!

Torben

We get a lot of college students looking for a free ride, and nothing more. The answers, depend on the information provided in the question. Doesn't matter if you are a student or not, just that you made some attempt to get the answers yourself. We like to see schematics, pictures, and the math. It's usually not to hard or time consuming to give a good answer. Most of us have jobs and projects of our own, having to ask for more details, and do a lot of design work (that might not even be the solution the person was hoping for) doesn't really appeal to most. If the project is mostly just an idea, we'll provide links to place to get more information, and hopefully get things going.

I would like to expand on what Toben said. Electronics is such an extensive field that most of us only work in a small part of it. If you toss in computers it is even larger.

Electro-tech is great because you can find help with just about any area of electronics. Regardless of what or how much you know there is always stuff to learn.

What I have found interesting here is the sheer rapidness by whick I get answers for my Questions.
Love this place

I think there's a big of an ego fight in it, which isn't always bad. People like to be the first to respond with a right answer to a question =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back