Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thanks for the help...i figured it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, no photo op today as I can't find the little servo motor I was going to use. :(

Anyway, I suggest a servo motor or as Jim B suggested get a motor (gear head motor for reduced RPM and torque) and run it like a piston on a crankshaft. A Google of Robotic Motors should be a good start. Robotic sites should give you more ideas. That would be my thinking on how to go about it anyway.

Ron

I'm scared of dragons!

Air Hogs have a toy flying bird Firebird that flaps its wings. Copy it larger using a windshield wiper motor and gears.

I'm scared of dragons!

Air Hogs have a toy flying bird Firebird that flaps its wings. Copy it larger using a windshield wiper motor and gears.

Not me, I am not worried about flying dragons. Anti-Aircraft guns! On a side note those geared wiper motors produce one heck of a lot of torque. :)

Ron

Keep hitting Play/Pause to re-view. If allowed to play out, other reciprocating examples are offered.

Here is a wing flapping mechanism with hinged "elbows":
I flew like that when I was younger.

Have a look at the attachment, a four bar linkage.

Crank #1 is rotated by the motor.
A linking bar connects crank#1 to crank#2.
Crank #2 pivots about the rod at the bottom end.
The distance Radius1 is smaller that Radius2.

As the motor turns, crank2 will move in an oscillating angular motion about it pivot point.
Anything attached to crank2 near the pivot point will flap up and down.

JimB

4 bar linkage.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back