Thanks for the help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorGnet

I wanted to thank everyone for the help lately. I finished one of the projects I have been working on and wanted to share it. Its not much but I like how it turned out. It is a simple LED board with four "zones" that I am using to test a new lightbar design. It is using four 2N2222 transistors, a 7805, and a 16F628a.

**broken link removed**

I made a quick youtube video of it but the camera I had on hand is a very low quality one and cant keep up the frame rate of the pic.

Board video

Last edited:
Good, I'm glad you got it working.

Can you please post a higher quality photograph?

What technique did you use to make the board? Sorry if you've already said, I haven't read all your posts in all of the threads.

I'll work on a better photo, the camera I was using isn't all that good. I used the toner transfer method then etched in HCL+H2O2. I have a dremel drill press for the holes.

Did you use a proprietary paper such as Press 'n' peel or Pulsar or did you use something cheaper such as copier paper, magazine paper or glossy photo paper?

I use Hammermill 32lb Gloss Color Laser paper. If feels almost like thin plastic and dissolves in water really fast. I picked up a 300 pack at Office Depot for a good price. The only issue seems to be that the paper does not want to always let go of the toner traces but doesn't cause a problem with the exposed copper.

Anyone have an idea on how to transfer/print on the component side of the board? I wanted to use the same toner transfer method but it doesn't look good enough after cleaning off the paper.

It is a busy day but I will try to add some close up pics later.

Last edited:
I use magazine paper for both the silk screen and the etching.

I cover the silk screen with a layer of transparent conformal coating, to protect it from being scratched. Once transferred the toner apears to have a greyish coating but it seems to diappear after applying the conformal coating.

Some better pics with the other camera. The soldering didn't turn out too well, I was rushing while doing other things around the shop. The led's were too close too. The pads in ExpressPCB were a little too small so they bump into each other.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…