Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorGnet

I wanted to thank everyone for the help lately. I finished one of the projects I have been working on and wanted to share it. Its not much but I like how it turned out. It is a simple LED board with four "zones" that I am using to test a new lightbar design. It is using four 2N2222 transistors, a 7805, and a 16F628a.

**broken link removed**

I made a quick youtube video of it but the camera I had on hand is a very low quality one and cant keep up the frame rate of the pic.

Board video

Last edited:
Good, I'm glad you got it working.

Can you please post a higher quality photograph?

What technique did you use to make the board? Sorry if you've already said, I haven't read all your posts in all of the threads.

I'll work on a better photo, the camera I was using isn't all that good. I used the toner transfer method then etched in HCL+H2O2. I have a dremel drill press for the holes.

Did you use a proprietary paper such as Press 'n' peel or Pulsar or did you use something cheaper such as copier paper, magazine paper or glossy photo paper?

I use Hammermill 32lb Gloss Color Laser paper. If feels almost like thin plastic and dissolves in water really fast. I picked up a 300 pack at Office Depot for a good price. The only issue seems to be that the paper does not want to always let go of the toner traces but doesn't cause a problem with the exposed copper.

Anyone have an idea on how to transfer/print on the component side of the board? I wanted to use the same toner transfer method but it doesn't look good enough after cleaning off the paper.

It is a busy day but I will try to add some close up pics later.

Last edited:
I use magazine paper for both the silk screen and the etching.

I cover the silk screen with a layer of transparent conformal coating, to protect it from being scratched. Once transferred the toner apears to have a greyish coating but it seems to diappear after applying the conformal coating.

Some better pics with the other camera. The soldering didn't turn out too well, I was rushing while doing other things around the shop. The led's were too close too. The pads in ExpressPCB were a little too small so they bump into each other.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back