Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Text LED Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've inserted 1280 LED, but anyway there's no need to add more, even if i wanted i can't because the "limits" it's kinda dissapointing having such limits, but aw well...

For now i need to know how to connect the 74HC595 on the ATMega32. I have the first schematic saying how to connect them to the older microprocessor, but since i will use ATMega32 the connections may be different.
The pins i need to know where to connect are: G(13), RCK(12), SCL(10), SCK(11), SER(14).

If it's like the other schematic i need to connect like this:

G(13) connects on ATMega32 - PD3/INT1(17)
RCK(12) connects on ATMega32 - PD5/0C1A(19)
SCL(11) connects on ATMega32 - PD4/0C1B(18)
SCK(10) connects on - VCC
SER(14) connects on ATMega32 - PD2/INT0(16)

Do you thinks this is correct for the ATMega32?

Here's the schematic if you want to take it a look: View attachment Message Displayv3.zip

SCK is 11. /SCLR is 10.

Look at the Serial Peripheral Interface on the Mega32. It would allow you to write 8 bits with a single instruction. I think you could consider connecting:

SCK(11) to ATMega32 PB7(SCK) (shift register clock)
SER(14) to ATMega32 PB5(MOSI) (shift register data)

others:
/SCLR (10) to VCC (shift register clear) - consider assigning to a pin so you can blank the display?
G(13) connects on ATMega32 - PB3/OC0/AIN0(4) (output enable)
RCK(12) connects on ATMega32 - PB2/INT2/AIN0(3) (register latch)

But i can't connect anything more to PB3, PB4, etc, because that pins are controlling the LED. D:

About SCLR, yeah it would be much better if i assign a pin to clear it, but what should i choose?

Sorry for being kinda lost on ATMega and microprocessors, but i've never touched this subject before, so it's all new to me. :3

Hello
This led displey but I did have some problems. Installation works but does not display the characters correctly. Instead I used at90s2313 ATTiny2313. Request if somehow you hex me for ATTINY 2313.
Thank Doru68

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back