Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

testing a lm335 at 35 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now back to the difference of OPINION, you stated the LM335 needs to be calibrated. See my post #12 and the quote I was referring to. I think your statement is wrong. I use LM335A quite often and they are usually within 1'C accuracy. I don't care if the datasheet says 3'C because in my real world experience all the units I have used have been within 1'C and my experience tells me that they DON'T need to be recalibrated for most general uses like temperature control and/or displaying 'C with a display where the PIC adc only gives 0.5'C display resolution.

If someone needs greater than 1'C accuracy that falls under the special needs category; ie "CAN be recalibrated for better accuracy", not the global; "NEEDs to be recalibrated" category.

You named it: LM335 and LM335A!

did you market them ??

Nope. I sold the design. I'm not interested in marketing anything in a country where I have no control what's going on.

I hate flying 12 hours to see what's happening.

Thanks for the input. as for my intent. i am using two of the lm335s to compare temperatures between the two sensors. lets call them sensor a and sensor b. when a<b=pump off a>b=on the temp differentials should be within 1 degree. As one could deduce, the sensors are in a solar hotwater heater. a is the collector temp and b is the storage tank sensor.

I was thinking of a concept of an anemometer. A reference temperature for the ambient and the external airflow temperature, and the difference between these two outputs should indicate airspeed, right?
The LM34 and LM35 are precalibrated and have accuracy of about 1 degree as I recall.

Attachments

• LM34 accuracy.jpg
    LM34 accuracy.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back