Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temperature activated switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev*.avr

I am looking for a temperature activated switch / circuit.
The switch / probe must withstand a flame.

If the flame goes out, I would like it to close a circuit so an ignighter would fire up the flame.
And it should open the circuit when the heat reaches a pre-set temp.

Re-Temperature activated switch

As soon as the temp probe fells heat it should switch off the power to the igniter cicuit.

:shock:

I dont know of any parts that make a flame, but a quick look in a gas dryer should give some insight into how such a device might work. On mine, when it comes on, I see a piece of nichrome (like your stove element) get red hot. Then a click (which I suspect is the gas valve) and the gas passes near the glowing wire. The fire starts up and then the glowing wire extinguishes itself. There is also a sensor which determines when the fire goes out (thus leaking gas into the house), but I have never seen that happen on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back