Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tachometer lcd circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardoco

Well ive been reading through the posts in this area and lots of people ask for a rev counter (Tachometer) but i cant seem to find any full examples, so i decided to go through all my zip files and shure enough. EPE did one a long time ago so long in fact that the back issue is no longer available. so firstly here is the code...
Code:
DEVICE 16F84 
DECLARE    XTAL 4 
DECLARE    LCD_TYPE 0 
DECLARE    LCD_DTPIN PORTB.4 
DECLARE     LCD_ENPIN PORTB.3 
DECLARE     LCD_RSPIN PORTB.2 
DECLARE    LCD_INTERFACE 4 
DECLARE     LCD_LINES 1 
PRINT $FE,128 
W0      VAR     WORD 

START:    
   COUNT porta.0,1000,W0     ' COUNT FOR 1 SEC 
   W0=(W0*10)/2 
   CLS 
   PRINT DEC W0*6," RPM  " 
   GOTO START

i know this if for a very old chip but that could be easily changed and below is the diagram, please be advised i have not tested this but as i said it is a nice place to start, and im sure if it has any mistakes the members will spot them, and make corrections as necessary. :D

Attachments

• tac_105.gif
    tac_105.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 781
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back