Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

synchronous motor vs generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

iieeahmed

i wona start this conversation because i feel we all r really getting to involved with the elctronics,but this is reality that industrial machinery totally depend on the electrical machines.

as i might have many q&a on this topic but as im the authot so i start with my little knowledge.
AC MACHINES:ac machines r namely 2 .one is motor &other is generator .there r two types of these .one is synchronous &other is induction.
SYNCHRONOUS VS INDUCTION:in synchronous motor field current is provided by a dc power supply,while in induction motor field current is provided by a magnetic setup is needed.
NOTE:::in AC machines field winding is on the rotor of the machine while
armature winding is on the stator.
SYNCHRONOUS GENERATOR::::
as u may know that generators convert mechanical energy into elctrical.in synch generator rotor of the machine is moved by primr mover like in dams where high altitude water moves the rotor .and so the dc current already flowing through the field winding on the rotor
produces avoltages in the stator winding and then we connect a load acros the the stator and get the output.

SYNCHRONOUS MOTOR::;
till above i studied but herei stk. because for synchrous generaotr and motor ,the setup remains the same but the difference is only the current direction from the stator which is towards the load in
generator and towars the stator in motor
THAT I DONT KNOW

I REALLY WANT TO FILL THIS SUBJECT WITH ALL REALLY NOTE +PROBLEMS+PROJECTS ABOUT THEM..
THANK U .
APPKA WAITING FOR UR REPLY

The AC motor with DC field power has to be operating on 3 phase system. Three phase system has a rotating field that drags the motor armature around, it runs synchronous or not at all. A synchronous AC motor can be made to run on single phase by two principle methods: 1. An AC capacitor shifts the phase of one winding of the stator. 2. A shorted turn on part of the stator causes a phase shift (only used on very small motors).

Some AC motors are AC/DC types, with a commutator.

The only difference between a three phase motor and generator that has DC in the armature, is whether power is being put in or taken out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back