Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching Via Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like it! :)

That will do nicely!
Is it able to multi-task? As in.. While fading "Set 1" do something with "Set2"

or can it run 6 LEDs on the one PIC? can you supply me with a circuit diagram?

Also, how the heck do you program a PIC?

It would be a lot less confusing if you could post your colour changing thingy in another thread...I won't yell at you for hyjacking someones post, because it was your own, but still...

I would imagein 15R, as the some of them are marked K, but this one isn't

16v should be a fine - although if this is for a car, you may want to use 25v caps (simply because the voltage is extremly variable)

Tim

OVERKILL!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, this is OVERKILL!!!!!!
There is no need to overcomplicate this tiny problem with ICs or tranistors or anything. There is a very simple solution, which hotwaterwizard highlighted in my mind.
Goto an electronics store and ask for "latching relays" (you guys might have a different name for them) one for each button. I was actually given one to play with on Friday. It is the same size as a normal relay (mine is 14x7x10mm), but much better. You obviously connect the circuit to be switched onto one pair of contacts, and to the other (on mine) you momentarily feed it 12V, and it closes the other contacts. When you feed it 12V again, the contacts will be opened again. That is why it is called a latching relay, because with normal relays, they are only on when you supply them with power.
Well guys, I feel great, this is the first time I have been able to attempt to help someone else on this form, this is awesome.
I hope I am not too late though.

Sorry about the change guys..

Sorry bout that 'grrr_arrghh' I was talking about this project with a mate and he started going nuts with ideas! Hes really getting into electronics. like ZAP and hes into it. LOL, making the circuits and seeing them work. It was funny! anyways. i mention that latching relay and he screwed his nose at it.. I tryed to get him to listen to reason but no.. LOL, thanks anyway..

This Colour changing thing is what he want to put in the front of his car! LOL, in his "Silva" thing.. anyways.... sorry bout that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back