Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching device for coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamey34

Hi,
I am in need of a circuit that is driven by a signal generator that will supply voltage/amperage to a coil for experimental purposed. the coils require 3 to 12 volts to drive them. The coil needs to be driven with square wave with a very crisp cut off of the voltage.

thanks Ian :)

**broken link removed** Configure common emitter, with your coil connected between VCC and the collector.

Last edited:
Don't know enough about your system to be more specific. I can only offer general advice with what you've provided.

My signal gen can put out up to 2 volts and the coil I am dviving is made out of aluminum foil with a resistance of .3 ohm I have two of them so I can put them in series.... .6 ohm would need to be low voltage driving them to hold the amperage down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back