1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

Switches

Discussion in 'Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews' started by kingofjong, May 27, 2018.

1. kingofjong

kingofjong New Member

Hi

I was wondering is it possible to connect 4 outputs to one switch. For example you have 4 inverters that you need to connect to the 2 inputs of 2 or gates (4 inputs total). How would I connect the inverter to all those inputs using one switch such that when I flick the switch on it lets all the inverters release there current at the same time. Is there A device that can do this. An example schematic is bellow.

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. alec_t

alec_t Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

You mustn't leave the OR/XOR gate inputs floating, so what voltage should those inputs have if the inverter outputs were disconnected?
    Have you considered replacing the inverters with 2-input NAND or NOR gates, as appropriate, to enable collective switching?

3. AnalogKid

AnalogKid Well-Known Member

What is wrong with the answers you got on the other forums?

ak