Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencerbandit88

Hello,

I need some help on building a RC switch. Just like something that can turn on and off a light without wires between it. I'm new to this site and electronic things like this but i'm tring to learn. I don't know if RC is the correct term for what I want.

Well thank you.

spencerbandit88

spencerbandit88 said:
I need some help on building a RC switch. Just like something that can turn on and off a light without wires between it. I'm new to this site and electronic things like this but i'm tring to learn. I don't know if RC is the correct term for what I want.

RC - Remote Control - is correct, although it's often used more for 'Radio Control' these days.

There are many ways to do it, you could use IR (like your TV remote does), Ultrasonics (like old TV's used to), or radio signals. Once you've decided on the method you want (IR is probably easiest and cheapest), you then need to decide on how to implement it.

Basically it's down to either hardware or software, hardware takes many parts to do it, but software requires programming chips for either end. I've got PIC based IR remote control in one of my PIC tutorials at http://www.winpicprog.co.uk which could very easily be utilised to do exactly what you want.

A company called Holtek, also make IC's specifically for remote control, either for IR or radio - you could use those without having to program anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back