Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch circuit dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzerman

I need to make a circuit where push button 'A' illuminates LED 'a' and when push button 'B' is depressed it illuminates LED 'b' and turns-off LED 'a' and vice versa? help....

I need to make a circuit where push button 'A' illuminates LED 'a' and when push button 'B' is depressed it illuminates LED 'b' and turns-off LED 'a' and vice versa? help....

OK, sounds good. Show us what you've come up with so far and we'll see what we can do to help.

Cheers,

Torben

I am assuming the first LED will remain ON after the first switch is pressed and when the second switch is pressed the second LED illuminates and remains on and the first LED is turned off.

Do you want to create the circuit with switches or relays or by using a chip (called a logic chip or logic gate).

yes, that circuit description is correct colin55. I'm unsure if the circuit should contain an IC, i'm concerned as to how i will mount the device. Are there DIY PCBs that I can use to surface mount these components?

Here is a simple circit using two transistors. It is called a bi-stable switch.
The 1k resistors across the LEDs turn them off almost completely when the opposite LED is illuminated. They are not absolutely needed.

Attachments

• BiStableSw.gif
    BiStableSw.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back