• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Swapping out a MOSFET for as IGBT?

Not open for further replies.


New Member


New Member
You will need some sort of gate driver for that IGBT. It is HUGE. You can either build your own gate driver circuit (not recommended) or buy one of the many available ICs for it.

Not sure what the 50% duty cycle thing is about.


Well-Known Member
OY! you need a snubber on that... and why on earth to people insist on using 555s for things these days?

you would be better off getting a real regulator chip meant for the job than hacking some crappy 555 ckt to a fet driver.
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles