Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Super-bright LEDS and best batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlefurious

What are some of the brightest LED's out there? I want to make my own super-bright LED flashlight just to see if I can. So what are some of the best LED's to make it with and where can I find them? Also, what batteries or battery combination would be best to power this flashlight for a decent amount of time? Thanks in advance?

What are some of the brightest LED's out there? I want to make my own super-bright LED flashlight just to see if I can. So what are some of the best LED's to make it with and where can I find them? Also, what batteries or battery combination would be best to power this flashlight for a decent amount of time? Thanks in advance?

YOu should tell me what is your exact application, from which i can tell you how much lux(unit of luminance) you require from the light. As the solid state technology is advanced very much these days, there are LED's which can even replace the head light of the cars...its called High bright / super bright LED's. Only thing, its bit costly compared to ordinary LED's..
As per my knowledge it will cost 4$ each LED.

If you are planning to make a handy unit, you have for a dry fit batteries, which you can find it from Sonnenchein / panasonic/Exide/ Standard furukava... 12V/6Ah, 12V/9Ah is enough...

As far as the color is concerned, you will get the entire spectrum.... including the clear white, off white...

If you are planning to integrate it with a microcontroller, you can even change the color temp of the LED's with an external thumb wheel switch.

One good source for LED's is OSRAM...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back