Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions for Parts Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogsuit

Hi I'm trying to design a circuit which seems simple enough in theory but I have no idea what kind of parts I would need for it.

Basically the circuit will provide power to a premanufactured LED unit from the mains, unless the LED unit is removed from its fitting. It would then be able to be used as a torch.

So this means there needs to be contacts which supply a path for the electricity when the LED unit is slotted into the fitting. Also the circuit must allow a small battery to power the LED unit when switched on as a torch.

I'm on a work placement and this design could end up as part of the product range, so I want to be careful that any safety components are included also. Any suggestions welcome.

so

this means there needs to be contacts which supply a path for the electricity when the LED unit is slotted into the fitting. Also the circuit must allow a small battery to power the LED unit when switched on as a torch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back