Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Subwoofer Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhammed Arshid

I think to make subwoofer ( greater than 500 watt).
Where to get circuit for it ? (I Googled , But not seeing good results)
Subwoofer for automobiles , So supply is 12V DC.

I think to make subwoofer ( greater than 500 watt).
Where to get circuit for it ? (I Googled , But not seeing good results)
Subwoofer for automobiles , So supply is 12V DC.

Buy one!! - you couldn't buy the parts for anywhere near the cost of a commercial unit.

However, you should be careful about the specifications - if you really want 500W then make sure it's 500W continuous RMS - most supposed 500W car amps are only going to be 50-100W.

When the switched-mode power supply has an output of plus and minus 70V (a total of 140V!) then the subwoofer amplifier that uses many output transistors produces 470W continuously into 4 ohms.
Then the power supply and the amplifier get VERY hot.

It is much better to buy a speaker with more sensitivity than to shove huge amounts of power at an unsensitive speaker.
A speaker with 88dB sensitivity running at 500W will produce the same sound level as a speaker with 98dB sensitivity running at 50W.

The new MTX Jackhammer sub-woofer speaker is 24", the old one was 22".
The cone on the new one is square, the old one was round.
The new one sold well so now is sold out. Its price has been reduced 25% to ONLY $9,999.95US. It is over 3 feet long and weighs more than 400 pounds.

Attachments

• Jackhammer sub-woofer speaker.jpg
    Jackhammer sub-woofer speaker.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 1,638
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back