Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Subwoofer Bandpass filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lowpass Filter - Subwoofer... project was stolen from Electronics-Lab. It has an extremely poor translation and is full of errors.

The Lowpass Filter - Subwoofer... project was stolen from Electronics-Lab. It has an extremely poor translation and is full of errors.

Well i don't endorse 'em I'm just pointing out the many design possibilities found by goggling your needs.
I could have had him try this:

Attachments

• band pass filter.jpeg
    band pass filter.jpeg
    2.4 KB · Views: 623
Would just a simple resistor capacitor lowpass filter work? and if it would what should the value of the resistor/capacitor be?

A resistor feeding a capacitor to ground makes a very poor filter that has attenuation of only 6dB per octave or only 20dB per decade of frequency.

If the cutoff frequency is 200Hz then 2kHz is attenuated only -20dB and is still audible. You don't want a sub-woofer producing mid-frequency sounds.

If you use a 3rd-order Butterworth lowpass filter and if it has a cutoff frequency of 200Hz then 2kHz will be -60dB which is not audible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back