Subwoofer Bandpass filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lowpass Filter - Subwoofer... project was stolen from Electronics-Lab. It has an extremely poor translation and is full of errors.

The Lowpass Filter - Subwoofer... project was stolen from Electronics-Lab. It has an extremely poor translation and is full of errors.

Well i don't endorse 'em I'm just pointing out the many design possibilities found by goggling your needs.
I could have had him try this:

Attachments

• band pass filter.jpeg
    2.4 KB · Views: 624
Would just a simple resistor capacitor lowpass filter work? and if it would what should the value of the resistor/capacitor be?

A resistor feeding a capacitor to ground makes a very poor filter that has attenuation of only 6dB per octave or only 20dB per decade of frequency.

If the cutoff frequency is 200Hz then 2kHz is attenuated only -20dB and is still audible. You don't want a sub-woofer producing mid-frequency sounds.

If you use a 3rd-order Butterworth lowpass filter and if it has a cutoff frequency of 200Hz then 2kHz will be -60dB which is not audible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…