Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Subthreshold Transconductance Amplifier Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dolan

As part of a broader project, I am designing IC circuit using CMOS to one of the first steps I'm working on is the filtering a series of pulses with of the noise. The actual pulses are around 1 kHz so I am implementing 2nd order sallen-key high pass filter. Since the capacitance is limited to 1pF, the resistors in the circuit are instead replaced with a subthreshold transconductance amplifier (differential pair with a PMOS current mirror driving I1 & I2 - see attached picture). From my theoretical knowledge, Gm is driven by the bias current (Ib=I1+I2), which means I need around the 1 - 3 nA range ballpark and I'm not sure how to obtain these. How do I choose the specific bias voltage or transistor sizes to obtain the desired Ib? (as mentioned earlier, these are in subtrhreshold region i.e. vgs <= vthreshold). Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• ota.jpg
    ota.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 244
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back