Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Substitute momentary button for PIR help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neptune769

Hi Everyone,
I have a small project I need to make. I have a Parallax PIR sensor (PDF attached). I have a recording device that turns on with the push of a momentary tactile button. I want to replace that button with the PIR. I need something that will take the TTL signal and momentarily close a contact. I can't use a relay due to the clicking sound it will put out. It MUST be silent. I don't know of any other alternatives except a solid state relay. I'mhoping there is another method I can use. It needs to run on 5vdc. I will use a type 4LR44 6v battery with a 79L05 voltage regulator. I need to keep size down also. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dennis

Attachments

• PIRSensor-V1.2.pdf
    198.6 KB · Views: 145
Hi Dennis,

may be you can use this circuit. It is triggered with every high pulse provided the HCF4027 returns low between pulses.

Both outputs can be used going high alternatingly with clock pulses.

The schematic shows +12V supply voltage, but you can use it without changes for +5V supply.

Boncuk

Attachments

• TOGGLE-SWITCH.pdf
    21.8 KB · Views: 163
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back