Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stun gun/ cattle prod

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin

hey guys need help. i know ur all good. i got this stun gun design circuit. my transformer is a 1k to 8 ohm the circuit says it needs a 1200ohm to 8 ohm transfromer but i couldn't get one. will it make much difference.

i also added another multiplier stage will it make much difference. all other specs are the same.
this is the site my design came from.
http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/Public/StunGuns/dazer.htm

Your transformer will work fine, the tolerances on components for a circuit like that are not too stringent.

People often use a 555 based oscillator for driving stun guns, which are nice because you can adjust them with a pot. You also get a nice sharp square wave, good for getting high voltage from an inductor, the schematic you linked doesn't seem like it would do that. There is a schematic in the projects section which uses the 555 oscillator: https://electro-tech-online.com/viewtopic.php?t=40

It also contains a valuable addition, a diode to protect the switching transistor. Even if you use the schematic you posted you should add a similar diode to prolong the life of your transistor.

People often use a 555 based oscillator for driving stun guns, which are nice because you can adjust them with a pot.
that's absolutely right - i so use the same one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back