Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

strobing signal/fast switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruno

Hello, OK I'm new to this forum and was hoping for some advice. I'm building a circuit to flash some LED's. I need a flash rate of 18Hz with a duration of 2ms. I'm using a 555timer to send a pulse to a led driver which controls multiple high power LED's. With the astable circuit i changed R1 to 850Mohms, R2 to 1Mohms and a capacitor of .1uF as a 555component calculator told me and it doesn't work! Are these values wrong? I'm not even sure if a 555 is the right thing to use. Any advice as to how I can achieve this kind of pulse rate would be much appreciated....HELP!:)

Hello, OK I'm new to this forum and was hoping for some advice. I'm building a circuit to flash some LED's. I need a flash rate of 18Hz with a duration of 2ms. I'm using a 555timer to send a pulse to a led driver which controls multiple high power LED's. With the astable circuit i changed R1 to 850Mohms, R2 to 1Mohms and a capacitor of .1uF as a 555component calculator told me and it doesn't work! Are these values wrong? I'm not even sure if a 555 is the right thing to use. Any advice as to how I can achieve this kind of pulse rate would be much appreciated....HELP!:)

hi,:)
The mark/space ratio you require can be realised using a 555.

Look at this image, the diodes/resistor change the ratio.

Attachments

• AAesp04.gif
    AAesp04.gif
    20.1 KB · Views: 222
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back